What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of influencing the visibility of a website or page in the non-paid part of the internet search engine results. SEO focuses on different types of searches including image searches, local searches, videos, academic information, news or narrower searches in specific fields. It applies to search engines such as Seznam.cz, Google (Bing, Yandex, Baidu, Naver) as well as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Czech directories Firmy.cz, Najisto.cz and many others.
The main goal of SEO is to cover as many relevant keywords as possible and be as visible as possible. At the same time, it aims at user convenience and satisfaction when displaying search results - to minimize obstacles and provide a relevant answer to their query.
3 main pillars of SEO
- Web indexing and site crawlability
- Web loading speed
- internal linking
- absence of duplicate pages
- working with status codes
- and more
On page SEO
- meta titles and meta descriptions
- H1, H2 headings and more
- relevant keywords in text
- text formatting and search intent
- image optimization
- and more
Off page SEO
- link building
How to get started with SEO
- Define your customer.
- Create a keyword analysis.
- Analyze the site and optimize technical SEO.
- Fine-tune your on-page SEO.
- Start building backlinks.
Approaches in SEO
- White hat SEO - an SEO expert uses only legal techniques to get results.
- Black hat SEO - SEO expert uses illegal techniques to achieve search results
Working with MERGADO
SEO and MERGADO
Use MERGADO to check values in the feed such as product name, product address, image address or product description. This makes it easy to see if they contain special characters, duplicate values or what length they are.
See also the handy tips, How to use pie charts in MERGADO for data SEO and how to get to grips with Data SEO.
- With Scraping Camel app you can download your website content to CSV.
- Scraping Camel is mainly used to extract data.
- You need access to the domain and sitemap.
Do a deeper check via Libre Office platforms, OpenRefine, MERGADO, data analytics tools (Power BI), etc.
Use the features of Scraping Camel for more effective SEO and try it for 30 days free.
For updates on the app, use case and advice from its users, visit our forum:
- Why it’s sometimes a good idea to use web crawling to get data
- Scraping Camel NEWS
- Scraping Camel STATUS
- Download the entire site in one CSV with Scraping Camel
Feed Image Editor
When advertising, also keep in mind size of product images. If the photos on your site are too large, it takes a long time to load the page, the customer may leave your site. The consequence is an increased bounce rate. Solve this by using automatic image compression in the app Feed Image Editor.
Analyzing your website from a SEO perspective
Data acquisition options
Scraping with Scraping Camel
- takes place in a long-term and automated manner
- the user has up-to-date data
- the application also handles large sites with hundreds to thousands of pages
- you can use the data for other purposes - e.g. PPC, data can be shared
- data is available immediately - useful e.g. for product search engines
- simply check the data in MERGADO and verify:
- pages listing element values
- Products & product selections page
- it is important if the marketer or e-shopper knows what he/she is looking for, for example if the DESCRIPTION element is empty, SEO comes into play
Bidding Fox Elements app
- gets data from Google Analytics and checks the age of the page (number of days)
- focuses on additional data and does not deal with the site analysis itself
- checks Google Analytics, e.g. number of clicks in 30 days, sales, number of orders, etc.
Analysis of the data collected
Where to find the data
- Page element values.
- Fox Data+
- you can create selections or exports for the content manager
- the content manager then checks for errors
- through exports Fox Data+ can share page selections with other users outside of MERGADO